Submit your film
Siff 2022. Deadline for submitting the film Monday, May 3, 2022.
Deadlines & Entry Fees
Earlybird Deadline: Sunday 31 January 2022
€ 40.00 Short & Documentaries
€ 45.00 Feature Films
Regular Deadline: Saturday 27 March 2022
€ 45.00 Short & Documentaries;
€ 50.00 Feature Films
Late Deadline: Monday 3 May 2022
€ 50.00 Short & Documentaries
€ 55.00 Feature Films
Submit your Film
THE SALENTO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL RETURNS FROM
SEPTEMBER 6 TO 11, 2022
The Siff is one of the most popular events locally and also attended by cinema lovers from all over Italy and from various parts of the world. The reasons are so many but the main attractions concern the richness and variety of the calendar, the beauty of the locations (Historic Center of Tricase) and collateral events. Another “plus” of the Siff is that it promotes international independent cinema. A 360 ° cultural event accompanied by the enhancement of territorial beauty with outdoor projections and at Palazzo Gallone, the cultural center of the City of Tricase, cinema lounge, aperitifs and special events.
Terms and Regulations
Founded in 2004 by Luigi Campanile, the Salento International Film Festival has emerged as an important cultural event included in the list of the 50 Top Film Festivals emerging on the world scene by the IFF iFilm Festival magazine. 6 days of world premieres, Special Events, Seminars, Feature Films, Short Films, Documentaries and Music Videos
The Salento International Film Festival is organized by the Salento Cinema A No-Profit Cultural Association. An association that has been dedicated to promoting international independent cinema for 18 years in recognition of the fact that cinema is one of the most powerful forms of cultural communication and connection between cultures and peoples.
3. Duration of the festival
The 18th Edition of the Salento International Film Festival will take place in Tricase, in the heart of Salento, from Tuesday 7 to Sunday 12 September 2021, for a duration of 6 days.
4. Siff 2021 Ediation
- The selection of the films is carried out by the Director and by the Festival Management.
- Feature Films, Documentaries, Short Films and Music Videos finished after 1 January 2019 can participate in this section.
- Priority will be given to “Premiere” films never shown in Italy, in other festivals or outside the country of European origin.
5. Sections & Awards
•World Cinema – International Feature Films Competition
•International Short – Short-Films Competition
• Women in Cinema – International short film competition directed by women
• A window on the world – International documentary competition
• Special events and tribute
•Salento Award Show
Films will be judged by a popular jury based on their verdicts, the following prizes will be awarded,
6. Languages & Subtitles
The films of the sections mentioned in the previous articles will be presented in the original version with double subtitles, Italian and English. Films in Italian must have English subtitles. All costs relating to subtitling operations in Italian will be covered by the participants; Films in English must have subtitles in Italian.
7. Rights of the Opera
By presenting his work, the director / producer / user acknowledges that he is granting the non-exclusive and non-transferable rights of his work to the Salento International Film Festival and the Salento Cinema Cultural Association organizing the event (including trailers / teasers / posters / sequences etc.) for promotional and screening purposes. To this end, the Salento International Film Festival promotes the works in competition by uploading trailers / teasers / posters / sequences on the website www.salentofilmfestival.com and on the relevant social media, as well as with its partners.
It is understood that with the presentation of the work at the Salento International Film Festival the director / producer / holder of the rights at work assigns the use of the same for the diffusion of the virtual festival on streaming platforms, on request, SVOD (Subscription Video on Demand ) and SIFF partner. The individual or company submitting the job warrants that they are authorized to commit to screening and accepts this policy in all its parts.
8. Submission & Deadline
- The registration of the films involves the payment of a fee by way of reimbursement of secretarial expenses.
- The owners of the works wishing to participate in the Festival (in any section) must send their films no later than May 3, 2021.
- Submission to the Festival through the platform FilmFreeWay
9. Screening of the film
- The calendar and schedule of the screenings are the exclusive responsibility of the Festival Management.
- Foreign films will be presented in their original version with Italian and English subtitles. For films spoken in an Italian language, directors / producers are invited to provide the Festival with a copy subtitled in English.
- The Festival will take care of the publication of a general catalog of the works presented.
- The owners of the works presented at the Festival are invited to leave the file of the film sent for selection for the Festival archive.
10. General rules
- All the shipping costs of the films and subtitles are borne by the proponents (unless otherwise specifically agreed with the management).
- This regulation is written in Italian and English. In the event of interpretation problems, the Italian version prevails.
- The request for admission to the Festival implies the unconditional acceptance of these regulations.